Monday, September 16, 2013

Vendredi, Septembre 13

We slept in on Friday morning. We went to the nearby boulangerie/patisserie to buy a loaf of French bread. The guy in the shop recognized me from when I was here in January. He told me it had been a long time and I said yes it had. Janelle made scrambled eggs for a late breakfast around 11:30. We left the apartment at noon so I could show Janelle BHV (a department store), which is about a 25 minute walk. We browsed some of the 7 floors.

From 3-5 that afternoon the school was having a presentation on evening gown methods, so we wanted to get back to the apartment with enough time to make lunch. We toasted bread in a pan on the stove and then put some sautéed onions and swiss cheese on the bread to make a sandwich. It was delish!

The evening gown presentation was taught by Mrs. Wang from Malaysia. In the 2 hours we were there she made 1 bodice and 3 skirts, in techniques that would not have passed at MMU or PAA. I guess if I need to make a gown in record time I'll have to use her techniques. haha :D Mrs. Wang needed 2 models to do a photo shoot on Saturday so she chose Janelle and another girl named Lindsey. After the presentation we went to a reception that was held by Peter.

We decided that we should just relax since we had done a lot of walking that afternoon and our feet were sore. We made fried rice again for supper, but with some different vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment