Sunday, January 13, 2013

Juedi, Janvier, 10


Our shibori dying class began at 9a.m. this morning. The professor, Sharon, is a really nice lady from the U.S. She flies to Paris twice a year to teach the students at PAA shibori dying. The technique that she taught us this morning was called Arashi. This afternoon we had an hour and a half for lunch. Kate wanted to have a sandwich from a bakery around the corner and I decided to have tomato soup. I picked up a pistachio macaroon for dessert after my lunch. It was delicious!!! The class at 1:30 was with the same professor but she taught us how to nuno felt. We made a reversible collar. After getting back from class at 4:30 I worked on my hat design. Kate and I headed to the laundromat since we couldn’t figure out how the one in the apartment works. After we were finished there we headed back to the apartment and then went to the grocery store to pick up food for the next week. We cooked some pizzas because it was getting late. After getting back from the store Kate realized that I had picked up a six pack of seltzer water instead of regular water oops. Only one of the four girls in the apartment likes it so I guess she can have it all :) I did drink some of it mixed in with orange juice, it doesn’t taste as bad that way. Tomorrow we work on some couture projects! 
The original color of my scarf.

 After wrapping it on the bottle.

After discharging the color. 

Almost finished, it just needs to dry.

My pistachio macaroon!


One side of my nuno felted collar.

The other side of my collar.

Here's how it would be worn.

No comments:

Post a Comment