Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lundi, Decembre, 31


New Year’s Eve day!!! My classes started an hour earlier than the past two days. We had a lot to finish before that evening. We were supposed to wear one of the headpieces that we made to the ballet. Our morning class was finishing the hat base with John-Pierre Tritz. There were a few girls who came in about an hour late to class. Our lunch break was only half an hour because of the time crunch, good thing there are a few restaurants close to the school. After lunch, we had a presentation on feathers which was followed by a hands on feather workshop. We chose to decorate either a headband, barrette, or comb. I chose to add feathers to a gray glittery headband. I was able to finish a little bit early, which was great because we were only scheduled to have an hour and a half to get ready for the ballet. The whole group of girls left the school at 6:30p.m. and walked to the bus stop that would go straight to the Garnier Opera where the ballet would be held. After about a 10-15 minute bus ride we arrived at the Garnier Opera. The building was gorgeous both inside and out!!! The ballet was very interesting, they didn’t dance to the rhythm of the music. I loved the outfits that they wore for the performances. They didn’t allow us to take pictures during the performance. We were seated in our own box on the 4th floor. During the intermission there were hors d'oeuvres, they were delicious! As we were leaving many of the people were plucking the flowers that lined the stairs. It was quite an interesting sight to see people taking the flowers from the topiaries. As we were leaving it was raining, typical weather for Paris in January. After resting at our apartment we went to a small italian restaurant to ring in the New Year. They served us some appetizers and opened a bottle of champagne. After the festivities we went back to the apartment and finished watching the movie from the night before. I didn’t get to bed until probably 3 that morning. Needless to say I had a hard time dragging myself out of bed the next morning.
My feather headband.

The Opera Garnier, where the ballet was held.

Me at the New Year's Eve Party.

2 comments:

  1. I love your feather headband Sara - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs. Yakes! I heard that I missed the piano recital by just a couple of days, I would have loved to be there. Hopefully I can make it to the spring recital :)

    ReplyDelete