Friday, January 4, 2013

Mercredi, Janvier, 2


We were back at it again Wednesday morning. Our class from 9-12 was working with shibori dying. There were several techniques to choose from depending on whether you wanted a geometric pattern, circles, or scrunch. I used the scrunch techniques. I chose to dye my scarf with a teal color and then over dye with forest green and royal blue. It turned out really well! We stayed about 1/2 an hour after class to make sure that we finished our scarves. Our schedule said that we had about 2 hours for lunch but we thought that it was a misprint since every other day we only had an hour for lunch. So we rushed to get a sandwich before heading back to school for our next class only to find out that we actually had 2 hours for lunch. All of the girls just sat around and chatted for about 45 minutes until Monsieur Tritz came to get ready for class. In his class we learned how to make felt hats. It was pretty awesome! He told us that making felt hats was usually a mans work and that women did the accessorizing, so our arms would probably be sore the next day. Kate and I ran to the post office so that I could buy stamps for all of the post card that I want to send out. I couldn’t find any so I asked the cashier, he showed me 2 different types-large ones and small ones. The large ones said they were 89 centimes so I figured that the smaller ones would be cheaper...well I figured wrong :D After we got back to the apartment we had to finish cleaning up our room because we had to move into a new apartment that was closer to school and would have wi-fi. We moved at 6p.m. and the new apartment was amazing! The walls weren’t white and someone had lives here but must rent out the place while they are gone. There are beautiful shelves filled with books, the kitchen has a washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, stove, oven, and a whole set of dishes. The only thing don’t have is wi-fi. Kate, Christy, and I ran to the grocery store to pick up food for the next week. Then we headed back to our new apartment to eat supper and get ready for our upcoming busy day.
My felt hat.

Facing the dining/living/bed room.

My bed.

The living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment