Monday, January 7, 2013

Lundi, Janvier, 7

This was the last morning of working on the half bustiers. Class started again at 9 and our Professor (Sandi) told us that we would have to be in the afternoon class. I was kinda bummed because I had hoped to explore the city a little bit more. After about 10 minutes she said that there had been a change of plans and that if we felt that we needed it we could take the afternoon off to rest and look around. We didn’t have a translator in class today because today was her first day interning at Chanel. But class went fairly smoothly. I was able to finish my half bustier and also sew some pleats on it using the Madame Gres techniques. After doing that I have decided that I want to use that technique on one of the dresses that I make. We were fed more chocolate and cookies again today, I swear they are trying to fatten us up :D Sandi told Madame Picco and Martine that we weren’t allowed to have food or drinks in our classrooms at home. They said that they usually don’t allow food in the classrooms either but it was a special occasion so they were letting us snack. We were let out of class at 1p.m. and had the rest of the afternoon off. I had seen this really neat resale shop on several of the tours we had taken of Paris and I really wanted to check it out. It was right by the Bastille. We gathered a group of 12 girls that wanted to check the shop out and we decided to meet at 3 and head over. I found the directions which would have been a 45 minute walk but because we took the bus it only took about 20 minutes max. Well there must be 2 Come on Eileen stores in Paris because the one that we went to wasn’t the one I wanted to find. They had really neat clothes and most of them were designer names. I found a Chanel petticoat for 100 Euros, a Christian Dior leather pencil skirt for about 120 Euros, 2 Louis Vuitton purses and a pair of shoes for 700 Euros :/ I had fun just looking! After looking around in that store we split up and the 8 people in my group decided that we wanted to go to the Champs Elysees. We took the metro and got off on the stop that was halfway down the Champs Elysees. We walked underneath the Arc de Triomphe and took some pictures. It was getting to be about 6:30 so we decided to split up for dinner. Half wanted to go to Mcdonalds and my group decided to go to Bistro Romain. My meal was amazing!!! I had Prawns and Mediterranean Scallops with Pesto and Chocolate Macchiato. I splurged a little for this meal but it was well worth it and I would definitely go back again. After the meal we walked around a little bit and went into Louis Vuitton, Zara, and Morgan. After window shopping, we decided to head home at about 8:30. We took the RER on the way back and made it home to running water!!! 
My Supper.

Look! I'm holding up the Arc de Triomphe.

My half bustier.

My dessert.

The Louis Vuitton store.

The restaurant we ate at-Bistro Romain.


No comments:

Post a Comment