Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mercredi, Janvier, 16


I was so thankful that I could sleep in until 8 before having to meet at school at 9. We had an hour long presentation on the Louvre and some of the artwork that is on display there. We all took the bus over to the Louvre Museum and had short lectures about many of the pieces of artwork. We walked underneath the pyramid and through the medieval ruins of the castle that used to stand where the Louvre Museum is now. Our guide Agnes knows a lot of history about many of the places that we tour, so she will tell us interesting facts about specific rooms or works of art. I was able to see many pieces by Rembrandt, Leonardo de Vinci, Michelangelo, and many others. I was able to see the Mona Lisa even though there was a very large crowd to get though. After the tour we headed to all of the restaurants that are near the Louvre to eat lunch. I had a chicken sandwich for lunch along with some macaroons. We headed over to the George Pompidou Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art after lunch. Instead of taking the bus over, we walked the 10 minutes. This museum was very interesting, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I had the Louvre Museum. After the tour several of the girls and I just wanted to head back instead of staying for the Dali exhibit. I had worn heels which wasn’t the best choice for walking around museums all day. So we headed back and stopped in some shops along the way back to the bus stop. Natalie wanted to buy a nutella crepe if we found one on the way home, but since we didn’t find one I invited her over for dinner and told her I’d make some nutella crepes for dessert. So Natalie came over at about 6 and we had ham and cheese crepes with nutella crepes for dessert. We conversed for several hours after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment