Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Vendredi, Janvier, 18


I got up at 8 and started getting ready for the photo shoot. Our group was the first one in line for the photo shoot which started at 9. It was held in this really beautiful room, but it was set up with a gray screen for the background. Each person got about 10 minutes to model as many pieces that they could fit in the time. It was really cold and I’m hoping that they can photoshop my goosebumps out of the pictures. haha We had about an hour before our smocking class started. This was our last day of class at PAA. I was both excited and sad at the same time. From 11-1 I just worked on finishing more of the smocking swatches that I had started in a previous class. After our hour long lunch break, I did more smocking and also learned more beading techniques. This was our last class with Martine. I really liked having class with her. Halfway through class we heard a crash outside, Martine went to the window and then started saying something. Most of the students gathered at the windows to see what happened. A motorcycle had crashed. There is a one way street in front of the school and motorcycles either have their own lane or they weave in and out of traffic. As far as we could figure out the motorcycle had slid on some of the ice and slush(it had snowed a little the evening before) that was at the side of the road. By the time I made it to the window the guy that was riding the motorcycle was already up and limping around. Several cars stopped to see if he was okay. One of the people that had stopped, helped him get his motorcycle back up. He was back onto his motorcycle and off again within 5 minutes of the crash. Near the end of class, I was talking to Madeleine and Martine about a Poire Belle Helene which is a dessert that my mom had told me about before my trip. Martine’s eyes lit up when I asked her about it and she started telling me about it and also saying that I could make it at home. I also talked to Madeleine about coming back to PAA. We finished class at 4 which was 2 hours early. Later that evening we made couscous for supper and then headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment