Friday, January 18, 2013

Lundi, Janvier, 14


Our last free day came way too soon. We decided that we wanted to have a whole day dedicated to fabric shopping. We took the bus over to the fabric district at about 11a.m. We were able to look around some shops that we hadn’t made it into the last time we had visited. I had a lot of fun being surrounded by yards and yards of fabrics. Several of the girls ate lunch at McDonalds but I ate later that day after we got back to the apartments. We also went into the store with all of the buttons and ribbons. I found 2 types of buttons that I really liked. I bought 3 of the one and 5 of the other, I’m not sure where I’ll use them. Maybe I’ll just keep them at home and take them out every so often to look at them ;) Since it was a fairly clear day we decided to take the elevator up the hill to get another view and more pictures of the city of Paris. After returning to the bottom of the hill we went into a souvenir shop because Christy still had to pick up a few gifts for some friends. We headed back towards our apartment and took a detour to stop by the General Diff fabric store that had the beautiful black mohair fabric that I would love to have. We got there at about 15 minutes before closing time only to find out that they had closed early that evening. We got back to the apartment at about 6:30, made supper and headed to bed early so that we would be able to get up at 5 the next morning to catch the train to Antwerp. 

My breakfast.

A fabric lined street.

The city of Paris.


No comments:

Post a Comment